Irish Life and Lore is pleased to announce the forthcoming publication, ‘The Big House in Kerry’, edited by Jane O’Keeffe.
Fourteen Kerry historians will contribute eighteen chapters to this coffee-table format publication, as follows:
- Kay Caball: Crotta House, Crotta
- Donald Cameron: Ardfert Abbey, Ardfert and Beaufort House, Beaufort
- Tom Denny: Tralee Castle
- Tom Dillon: Kilmorna, Listowel
- Declan Downey: Tarbert House, Tarbert
- John Knightly; Kilcolman Abbey, Milltown.
- Aoife Mason: The Mason family of The Lodge, The Reeks, Killarney
- Janet Murphy: Kilmurry House, Castleisland
- Victoria McCarthy: Belville House, Portmagee restoration
- Bryan McMahon: Ballyheigue Castle
- Patricia O’Hare: Muckross House and Kenmare House, Killarney
- Jane O’Keeffe: Collis Sandes and Oakvilla, Tralee; Derryquin Caslte, Parknasilla; Churchill House, Tralee
- Karol O’Mahony: Flesk Castle, Killarney
- Dick Spring: The Spring family, Kilcolman Abbey, Milltown
- John Knightly: The Burning of Kerry’s Big Houses.