Eamon Fox’s father came to Tullamore in 1928, to work in Jack Diggin’s grocery and bar business, now known as Eugene Kelly’s, on the Kilbeggan bridge. In the early days of Salt’s, Eamon’s father was one of six local men who travelled with the management to Yorkshire to learn the craft of textile weaving, in order to begin work in this new factory, located in the grounds of the prison in Tullamore. In the early fifties, at the height of its production, the factory was employing 987 people. Eamon was now employed there himself, and spoke about the working conditions. He was involved in promoting sports and pastimes for the employees, taking over from his father, who was one of the founders of the Factory League. There was a great GAA following, creating a fine camaraderie amongst the workers. This recording provides another point on view of the history of Salt’s Factory.