A complete 1916 Rising Oral History Collection comprising 245 recordings, with an accompanying 240 page catalogue, was presented by President Michael D. Higgins at the National Library on January 21 2016.
The 240 page catalogue, which details each interview within the 1916 Rising Oral History Collection, and a CD of sounclips from the recordings, can be purchased for €30. The catalogue and is available in hard-copy and digital versions.
Some of the participants in the 1916 Rising Oral History Collection, who are detailed within the catalogue include:
– Fr Joseph Mallin, son of Michael Mallin. Fr Mallin is the last surviving child of an executed leader of 1916, and he was recorded in Hong Kong;
– John Connolly, grandson of James Connolly;
– Count Eoghan and Seóirse Plunkett, nephews of Joseph Mary Plunkett;
– Harry Boland and Eileen Barrington, children of Gerald Boland and nephew and niece of Harry Boland;
– Risteárd Mulcahy, son of Richard Mulcahy;
– Alf MacLochlainn, half grand-nephew of Patrick Pearse;
– Fr Éanna Henderson, son of Frank Henderson;
– Sr Íde Woulfe, niece of Con Colbert;
– Edward Daly O’Sullivan, nephew of Ned Daly;
– Eileen Quinn, niece of Tomás Ashe;
– Máire Brugha, daughter of Terence MacSwiney;
– Attracta Maher and Sr Joanna Brennan-Whitmore, daughters of William J. Brennan-Whitmore;
– Dr Garrett FitzGerald, son of Desmond FitzGerald;
– Dermot Lynch, son of Fionan Lynch;
– Pádraig McCartan, son of Patrick McCartan;
– Camilla Mitchell, daughter of Bulmer Hobson;
– Maureen Haughey, daughter of Seán Lemass;
– Proinsias Ó Rathaille, grandson of The O’Rahilly;
– Dorothea Findlater, daughter of Captain Henry de Courcy-Wheeler who took the surrender of many of the leaders of the Rising in Dublin;
– Lucille Redmond, grand-daughter of Thomas McDonagh;
– Liam Cosgrave, son of W. T. Cosgrave;
– Pádraig Thornton, son of Frank Thornton.
The complete 1916 Rising Oral History Collection is available to purchase for €1,350. See more details here.